Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 285/366

I said to him, "I'll see you when I see you."
"I like that response," he replied. "It's witty!" *insert smiley*
"But it's true, isn't it?" she asked, a genuine doubt infesting her mind.
"It is," he admitted. "Unfortunately though, it's like playing snakes and ladders with both the players starting from opposite ends."

That's the kind of conversations they would have - some sober (like the one above), some not so much. In a span of three years, he went from surprisingly tall and thin stranger to the one who I felt judged me to the one with the cute dog I never got to meet to the close friend who would show up with happy pills at my doorstep and crave vada pavs at 3 in the morning. (Munchies, you know. You can't really control them) We even said a proper goodbye before we parted, which speaks more than needs to be said about what we share.

He's aiming sky high for himself and the little brigade called The Lightyears now. It warms me to know that a smart mind like his could rethink his life for a greater good rather than success and money through a more conventional route. I'm proud of you, Koshti. I hope our paths meet sooner than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment