Sunday, April 14, 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 14


Prompt to self: Write a poem using quotes from films

People have forgotten what life is all about.
Someone needs to punch you in the face.
It's never going to make sense because it doesn't.
And there's nothing you can do about it.

We all fear death and question our place in the universe.
Someday I'll be dead.
Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not.
Are we awake?

This is real life. It’s not perfect, but it’s real.
Speak a little truth and people lose their minds.
Am I mad enough?
I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell, ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!

There's never been a time where there's been a fork in my road.
What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?
Turn right and follow to the end.

Sometime empty page present most possibilities.
Empty what is full. Fill what is empty.

Maybe everybody's looking for something.
What is it to be human? What is it to ache? What is it to be alive?
I want to learn everything about everything.

This is the beginning of happiness. This is where it starts.
The whole universe depends on everything fitting together just right.
The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving.

I drink a lot of coffee before I go to sleep so I can dream faster.
Dream after dream after dream after dream.

I’m not a real person yet.
I shall try to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment