Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 75/366

Swings. They have always been one of my happiest memories of growing up. And the special thing about them is that knowing that they still exist keeps me rooted to my childhood that I still can't let go of it. Nor do I want to, to be honest. I'm turning 21 in 2 weeks. I think I'm ready to start making a career for myself and I will be mature and professional when the need arises. But that kid in me will still always grin from ear to ear when I see a swing. 

It's as close as you could get to flying after you're sensible enough to look up at the sky, see birds flying around and knowing that you were not granted with the power of flight for some odd reason. The Creator works in such mysterious ways, I tell you! That fascination is given a life to while swinging. I normally sing to myself when I'm on a swing and in my head, I'm the best singer there is around. I'm smiling even as I write this post because even if my huge ass didn't fit on a swing, I'll still have the time of my life on those tiny swings that is not meant for kids/people my age. 

I feel like giving advice to whoever has made it till the end of the post. Go find a swing nearby. Feel the motion and the rush and the air in your face. Everything will just seem all right.

2 comments:

  1. Nostalgic!:(
    These last words, so damn correct!
    "Go find a swing nearby. Feel the motion and the rush and the air in your face. Everything will just seem all right."
    Loved it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. +1 for 'above' comment. So effing true. Since we've grown up, the only way to feel the air in your face is by riding a bike. :)
    Anyways, I loved the pic as well. Kinda trippy :D

    ReplyDelete