Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 92/366

It's my 21st birthday today (No, this is not an April Fool's Day prank) and this is the birthday post that must be written. I made it. I'm still alive and I am quite grateful to life for that. So far, it's been a really fun adventure. And today was that landmark birthday everybody secretly makes a big deal of in their head. (Well, the next one is 27 but then, I'd be too willing to embrace death because I'd aspire to be a part of the 27 Club for my writing, not music) There's been the 13th, 16th, 18th and even 20th. But this was the one that kept me grinning throughout (even when I passed out last night because everyone decided to pour their drinks down my throat).

I got everything I wanted without knowing that that was my recipe for a perfect birthday. But then, that's what is ironically the best thing about life: the fact that somewhere along the way, you've been cooking up all these recipes in your head for the way you want certain things to be and without consciously realizing it, it just happens one fine day and that feeling of it having materialized in a perfect manner makes it all worth it. It's like exploring yourself deep enough to touch some core of you (No sexual innuendo intended). That said, I'm going to go and listen to Sham (my favorite Hindi song ever), which Nikhil D'Souza just sang for me on the phone. Yes, I did have the perfect end to my birthday. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment