Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 166/366

A person can change and do what he/she wants and has the right to enjoy life the way they want to. But in our society, they are answerable to an entity known as the family, which is personally, the only thing that keeps me sane.

I've made some errors in my judgment in the past - thoughtless acts that I should have sat down and weighed out. But since I don't want to have regrets in life, I'm glad that I experienced those things because it has made me who I am.

I don't feel like a child anymore because I have seen too much of the harsh side of reality. It has made me stronger in facing life. Sadly, the wall I built around me is now too rigid and I feel like I've become too independent for my own good. I'm just 21 and sometimes, I feel like an old person who is ready for their death bed. Maturity has come at a heavy price. And I don't think I'm ready to pay more.

I've decided to make changes in my life, in myself, in my attitude to things and people in my life. I need to figure out where my priority lies and how I've managed to screw it up. I'm going to go do that now. My only suggestion to anyone who has read uptil here is that go do the same. Evaluate where your life is, was and is heading. Don't be afraid to change. The cliche is true-change IS inevitable and that's not a bad thing. More importantly, learn to show your family that you love them. We get angry with family members when they don't understand something or ask us for help. We grew up counting on them to know everything. When we see that they're getting older, it scares us. We don't want to accept it. But we need to. Each one of us. Indians are lucky to have such a strong notion of family. Appreciate that and keep them happy. It's the blood relations that really count.

2 comments:

  1. Everything for those BLOOD RELATIONS !
    Introspection is something I do each night before dozing off !
    So far so good.. Dreams awaiting, it seems :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, no fear to move one step ahead in 'Real life' after reading this blog. #feel

    ReplyDelete