Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 168/366

Had you been around today,
I'd have baked a sugarless cake.
I'd have sprinkled it with all my love
You'd have as much as your heart could take.

Of the commercialization of this day
A long discussion would brew.
Over tea or some hot coffee
Or perhaps some orange juice.

I would read out Hindi headlines
On the tea industry.
You would tell me about Pranab Da
And tales of presidency. 

And before you fell asleep tonight,
A surprise hug I would give.
The fact that you're no longer here -
I still don't want to believe.

I'll always be your little girl,
I was a child when you last saw.
I'll always remember your face that day
When you left without a word.

Happy Father's Day, Papa. As far as your daughters are concerned, every day of our life is dedicated to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment