Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 174/366

There was a time when I would lust for inactivity. The idea of a holiday with nothing whatsoever planned out- no obligations or deadlines or responsibilities. Sounds Utopian, doesn't it? Well, it isn't.

I don't think I'm cut out for procrastination. In the past, I have tried to emulate great minds around me who are just too lazy to care about the end result. Sure, there is no glory or money in what they do; but they seemed satisfied. I, on the other hand, have this innate need to constantly be on the move exploring the world around me and writing about the things I see. I don't even know why I bother trying to be lazy.

While I'm not particularly hungry for money or fame, I seem to find happiness only in the act of writing (for myself or a newspaper/website). I'm someone who has treated even mundane assignments given to me by my teachers as a personal job that I must do to the best of my ability. So basically, I would add an assignment to the long things-to-do list in my head and treat it with the same importance as this post that I'm making myself write today so that I can continue my #Project366 and not experience a writer's block this year. See what I mean? I haven't even managed to give up on this blog just because I know I started it for a particular reason and I want to see that through till the end.

In this word-hungry pursuit of mine, I have lost sight of something crucial: the past. What that means is that I've become so immersed in whatever work I do that I've forgotten to keep in touch with a lot of people. I know that it's good to pursue a passion and all that. But at what cost? Well, I just hope it's not too late to make amends with some people who meant a lot. I guess the initial excitement of figuring out what you want to do in life never really faded for me.

Well, I'm not complaining or regretting. Procrastinating would definitely not have gotten me this: (Press image to read the article if you're bored.)


Okay, now can someone please just give me a god damn job? The lack of urgency to deliver results of some sort is killing me! Muchas gracias. 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing ya :)
    Knew you had it in you... :)
    The project has come along well, thus honing your writing skills to the levels of no return..
    Might sound like a sage, which I am not, but Rohini, "Patience Doth Pay "...
    And when the time is right, you would be blessed too..
    Again, all the very best for the endeavour.. You are a gem... :)

    ReplyDelete