Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 271/366

There was something so profound in Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb' and their way of portraying the little pin prick.

But when the music stops and you get a blood test done or get an injection, there is that unexpected pain which you can never be sure when it will strike. I don't know about others but at least I'm not a big fan of watching the needle go in and the content emptied out or my blood being filled in.

I've experienced that same sense of torture when I've had to get my ears pierced 4 times to make the hole stay and the 5 times of my nose piercing. I'm planning on becoming Whorini again this Sunday with the 6th attempt of the nose piercing.

Then there was also my weird fascination as a kid for putting needles and safety pins into my skin without letting it bleed and showing off to my friends. Maybe I'd read too much Iron Man or perhaps, the stitching classes were just not my cup of tea. 100% accuracy was never ensured, though. So the occasional bleeding fingers would freak my mother out, understandably. Oh, did you know I went and put my finger under a sewing machine once and got my nail stitched? It was painful, if I remember correctly. (I fainted soon after)

The only kind of needles I think I like are pins and needles. It is a sharp feeling, not an object creating a temporary or permanent hole in your skin. But then again, I also like pencils with sharp nibs and making it hang on my palm after stabbing myself. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment