Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 363/366

Looking back at 2012, it's been a pretty decent year. At least what I remember of it. There has been family time, intensity, inspiration, lack of it, recklessness, highs and lows that have helped me fill the virtual space that this blog has taken up. There have been new people, a hell lot of new music and movies that have entered. There have probably just as many old slots that were unknowingly replaced. I even moved up from DSP Black to Imperial Blue (doesn't help much, but still).

More importantly, I think there's been a certain amount of maturity that has crept in. I got a job, I nearly graduated, I only called in sick once in the last 6 months, I wrote more than I ever have. There are too many people to thank for these things, but I realize that I have to give myself some credit. This is not a self-praise post, mind you. It's just a reminder if/when I stop by and read this, I'll know that I have 3 more to go after this. The blog made me want to be consistent, even in the worst of times. It made me understand how easy it is to add something to your schedule. In the same way, I'm going to let go of this extremely easily because it's just been an addition that I didn't need. Sure, I technically did not have a writer's block for 363 days so far, but it's been painful getting words out at some points of time.

My wine awaits me, and I think I have made the point to myself. I hope so, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment