Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 364/366

I've gone to one protest in my life, and that's about the anonymity and censorship of the Internet. But today, I went for the protest for the girl who was raped in Delhi and faced a death that was not deserved of her. Initially, it was a protest I wanted to be a part of. I screamed for her justice and held a candle in my hand. Eventually, I realised it was a protest that had no cause, which allowed an electronic media to control its shape. By the end of what I saw, there were people singing Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram, which defaulted from the cause at hand. Can Indians get the protests right ever? From whatever I've read, we've always digressed at some point. Can't the focus just be a memory-of a sister or daughter lost in a war against an evil that she can't fight alone? Even if she tries, the numbers overpower her. It isn't fair. And the worst part is that we're the country that prides ourself with the Kamasutra. Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment