Tuesday, April 30, 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 23


How today could have gone

A jellyfish could have stung me,
Or a sea snake bitten me,
As I confidently waded into the sea.

A humongous Sabah crocodile could have strayed onto my path,
Leaving me to scream helplessly before I became its delicious meal.

One of Borneo’s many carnivorous plants could have picked today to feel hungry,
As I stepped closer to get a better photograph.

Somebody at the local food market could have just cut open a durian, the forbidden smelly fruit, described by food writer Richard Sterling as “turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock”. Or worst still, I could have slept last nigh,
And never woken up again.

Fortunately,
As fate would have it,
I experienced a perfectly exciting day,
And wrote this silly poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment