Tuesday, April 9, 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 9

Prompt: write your own Sei Shonagon-style list of “things”.

A list of things that make me sigh:

-The way trees seem to dance from a moving vehicles as you pass them by.

-Ma putting oil on my hair and then plaiting it on stormy mornings in Calcutta.

-The beauty of Pointillism and how a dot can be so much more that just that.

-Realising that the Earth is a pale blue dot, and we are mere specks in the universe.

-A much needed breakdown where the tears still flow long after the feeling of anguish has passed.

-The knowledge that I am, in many ways, living just to make my little niece smile as much as I can in this lifetime.

The inherent nature of gratitude.

-Playing with a touch-me-not plant, letting it droop, then bloom, then droop again.

-The fact that I am not a child anymore.

Reading Sir Alfred Tennyson’s Tithonus aloud, alone.

The uselessness of good English teachers in a world that is increasingly all about “yaaaas”, “shizz” and other language killers.

-A fading love bite given by the love of my life before we said goodbye.

-This poem, or whatever this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment