Thursday, April 18, 2019

NaPoWriMo Day 17



Prompt: write a poem that uses the form of a list to defamiliarize the mundane:

Things I found while deep cleaning my house:

-An old Kopiko wrapper, still holding on to its mild fragrance of coffee

-A Christmas card I made for my dog Smiley when she was still around

-pressed leaves in ziplock packets, segregated by size

-A broken yo-yo, replaced when the kaleidoscope entered my life

-A Space Jam tazo, the last remaining one from my collection, a reminder of the glorious past

-A short story about being abducted by aliens from when I was seven. It did not end well for me.

-A couple of handwritten recipes collected over the years, none of which were ever attempted

-An old Pakheeza cassette, my father’s favourite Hindi film

-A sketch of the dream cafe my best friends and I planned to start after college by the beach

-A photograph of me smiling, the kind of naughty joyful smile that comes out only with the right person

-A poetry notebook from a decade ago, long forgotten words between the pages

-A bit of myself here, a bit of myself there

No comments:

Post a Comment