Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 262/366

I just had one of the best conversations of my life with the keyboardist of Bonobo (live), Ciaran. We spoke about books and authors like Kerouac and Bret Easton Ellis. I recommended Into the Wild and A Million Little Pieces to him. He needs to read more Cormac McCarthy, I'd say.

He recently moved in with The Hibernian Jungle. But his previous roomie did a cover of Zombie by The Cranberries. Instead of 1916, they said 1918. The vocalist was an Englishman. Ciaran, an Irishman. He took great offence with this because the Irish revolution against the English began in 1916. When you do a cover of a band, you need to understand their history and where they come from, don't you? Such a pity.

He is going to be doing his solo project soon. On an island in Ireland that his parents took him on a childhood vacation for years ago. I hope he does. It would be the perfect setting for the fictional mythology on his own life and the songs he makes/has made based on that. I wish I could share more. But it just wouldn't do justice for the more than an hour long conversation we just had.

P.S. Ciaran, you need to chug faster. Regardless of the Irish hat you don!

No comments:

Post a Comment