Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 263/366

I still miss you sometimes. It's not an active yearning or anything, luckily. But I wonder what I would have been like had we made it this far. Together. Don't get me wrong though. I'm much happier now. There's no commitment issues, there's no need to text or call someone every few hours to ask when we can talk at length and discuss what we did all day and ate for our meals. How did we convince ourselves if only for that moment that was 'it', that I was 'the one' for you? How old are you and I? 21? How much do we know about tomorrow? Sure, there's the whole option of taking the plunge and letting fate decide. But don't people also say, prevention is better than cure? What happens if I fall in love with you and you die before I do, which may be the case. What if one of us falls out of love but just out of obligation, we stick around but grow sick of each other's company? If we end up getting married, what if we have kids and eventually, decide to get a divorce? There are too many questions that could have been asked or had to be answered without being asked. I'm so glad it's over and that they will remain just that - questions left unanswered.

No comments:

Post a Comment