Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 274/366

I already miss you - our lazy times together, the promises of leisure, the useless conversations. I can only share those moments with you, knowingly or unknowingly. It feels like my school days, where the childlike happiness on your arrival would make me blush, almost.

I don't know how you manage to do it. I wouldn't be able to keep everyone happy when I'd knock on their door. And with you, everybody hears you coming and are standing there, ready with the garlands, wine and cheer!

I've liked how my experiences with you in our college years were a blur. All I remember was that I was happy. You'd occasionally make a good gig happy in the city and I'd compromise on a home delivered Punjabi meal and force myself to wear clothes and get out of bed. But then, you made it worth it.

I know you're here right now with me. But I feel like you're slipping out of my hand, almost at the speed of light. Tarry a little, won't you? Time passed by too quickly, as it always does when you visit. I do love you, dear Sunday. Come back soon, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment